You may find error while sending or receiving emails in Outlook. You can solve the issue by following some common steps.
Mentioned below are some troubleshooting steps that you should follow if you want to fix error while sending or receiving emails in Outlook:
Step1: Make sure that you are connected to the Internet:-
To do this, follow these steps:
- Open an Internet browser. For example, start Google Chrome.
- In the address bar type one of the following addresses, and then hit Enter.
- Make sure that your Outlook email account settings are correc
Step 2: Delete doubtful email messages from your mailbox:-
Suspicious email messages may obstruct the way of incoming message in Outlook. If you find any strange looking email message, remove it by using one of the following methods:
- Use your ISP’s web-based email program to access your mailbox. Then, erase the doubtful email messages.
- Get in touch with your ISP and ask them to delete suspicious email messages.
Step 3: To get additional suggestions check your antivirus manufacturer’s website:-
- If your antivirus software has an email-scanning feature, you may have to carry out additional configuration tasks to use Outlook or Outlook Express together with the antivirus software.
Step 4: Check whether your email profile works correctly:-
Try to create a new email profile to verify whether your email profile works correctly. If you can send and receive email messages by using the newly created email profile without any hazard, you should configure the new Outlook profile as the default profile.
Also Check : How To Use Tor Browser
Step 5: Run Outlook in safe mode:-
Follow these steps to start Outlook in safe mode:
Users of Windows 10, Windows 8.1 Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista follow the listed instruction:
- In Windows 10, go to the task bar and choose the search box in. In Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, go to the right edge of the screen, and then click Search. In case you are using a mouse, point it to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then tick Search. In Windows 7 or Windows Vista, select Start.
- In the Search box, enter ‘outlook.exe /safe’.
- Lastly hit Enter.
For Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, or Windows XP:
- At first tick Start.
- Then opt for Run.
- Type ‘outlook.exe /safe’.
- Finally select Ok.
In case a notification appears that shows that the email profile is harmed or that conflicting third-party applications or add-ins are installed, you should follow the step 3 and create a new email profile.
Step 6: Remove the email messages that are stuck in your Outbox:
Go to your Outbox, and then examine whether there are any email messages stuck in the Outbox. In case there are any messages that are stuck, follow these guidelines to eraser those messages:
- In Outlook, at first tap the Send/Receive tab, and then select Work Offline. Here you need to remember that it will stop Outlook from sending all email messages.
- Choose the Outbox. Now you can follow one of the following methods:
- You can move the message to the Drafts folder.
- Or you can delete the message: Right-click the message, and then opt for Delete.
- Finally tick the Send/Receive tab, and then click Work Offline.
In spite of following the provided steps if you need more help give a call to the technicians at earthlink webmail support.